MAFS: Hayley Vernon celebrates as OnlyFans backflips on 'porn ban'

Hayley Vernon has shared her relief after OnlyFans reversed its decision to ban sexually explicit content. 

The 34-year-old rose to fame on  last year before launching a porn career on the subscription-based website.

She said on Instagram that OnlyFans’ proposed new rules left her feeling depressed, but welcomed the backflip as a sign the website is ‘supporting the adult industry’.  

Phew!

Hayley Vernon (pictured) has shared her relief after OnlyFans reversed its decision to ban sexually explicit content. The 34-year-old rose to fame on Married At First Sight last year before launching a porn career on the subscription-based website

‘My website has changed its mind on supporting the adult industry, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I wasn’t still a little p**sed off [about the original decision],’ Hayley said. 

‘I believe they have bit the hand that feeds them and that is exactly what they did knowing 70 to 80 per cent [of OnlyFans creators are] made up of my industry.’ 

RELATED ARTICLES

Share this article

Share

Hayley explained she felt a ‘massive amount of relief’ knowing OnlyFans had changed its mind, but said the whole saga had taught her a ‘couple of lessons’. 

‘I always knew that I had to diversify my income and to be honest I was in a fairly fortunate position [compared] to a couple of people,’ she said.

‘It’s just given me that kick up the a**e to realise you can’t put all your eggs in one basket because you never know what is going to happen.’ 

Bite the hand the feeds: She said that OnlyFans’ proposed new rules left her feeling depressed, but welcomed the backflip as a sign the website is ‘supporting the adult industry’ 

‘I felt really worried for a lot of girls and over the past week.

I just haven’t been myself,’ she added.

Hayley admitted she had been sliding into a depression after OnlyFans announced the proposed porn ban last week.

‘I’ve been stressed as f**k for https://porntop.online/ other people and myself,’ she said.

‘I haven’t been happy. I actually thought I was slipping into some kind of depression.

Tough times: Hayley admitted she had been sliding into a depression after OnlyFans announced the proposed porn ban last week

‘You’ve just had the rug pulled out from under your feet.’ 

OnlyFans has dropped its plans to ban sexually explicit content in a major U-turn after backlash from sex workers whose livelihoods depend on the website.

The subscription service had said last Thursday that new rules coming into effect in October would prohibit ‘any content containing sexually explicit conduct’.     

Backflip: OnlyFans has dropped its plans to ban sexually explicit content in a major U-turn after backlash from sex workers like Hayley whose livelihoods depend on the website

But in the last 24 hours, OnlyFans said it had ‘suspended’ the change having ‘secured assurances necessary to support our diverse creator community’. 

The platform is predominantly used by sex workers – many of whom joined during the pandemic when in-person adult venues shut – but a number of celebrities, musicians and comedians also use it for non-sexual content.

Creators receive 80 per cent commission on their earnings, while the remaining 20 per cent goes to the company, covering ‘referral payments, payment processing, hosting, support, and all other services’.

Paywall: Creators receive 80 per cent commission on their earnings, while the remaining 20 per cent goes to the company

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *